Class Policy, Discounts, and Cancellation Information
Class Registration Numbers:
Classes with fewer than 4 participants will be completed as a semi-private lesson. Classes with 12 participants are considered full and additional registrants will be placed on a waiting list for the next available class.
To derive the full benefit of the workshops at Story Quest Academy, it is essential that absences and tardiness be kept to a minimum. The classes are based on participation; therefore, regular attendance is necessary to successfully complete the course. Each student’s record of attendance and participation will be monitored, and in cases of extreme absenteeism, tardiness, or inappropriate behavior, Sol Acting Academy may take disciplinary action. It is at the discretion of the instructor to set attendance expectations. There are no make-up classes, credits or refunds for time missed under any circumstances.
We offer multi-student discounts when you sign more than one student up for the same class at the same time!! All students must be listed under the same account. Families receive 10% off of registration fees AFTER the first child is registered.
Payment plans will be on a case by case basis only. Please call 505.881.0975 to see if you qualify!
Registration is on a first-received, first-enrolled basis until the maximum class size is reached. If a class is cancelled, we will notify you at least 24 hours prior to the start of class. Refund eligibility is not based upon your reason for being unable to attend a class, even if that reason is beyond your control.
• If we receive your request for cancellation, you will receive a full refund, less a 30% cancellation fee. We do NOT give full refunds due to the fact that we incur fees at the time of your registration. Cancellation fees cover these costs when you cancel. Students who cancel their registration will receive 15% off their next registration for any class, workshop or private lesson excluding The 6 Month Acting Intensive. The student will have 6 months to redeem this credit, after which time it will be considered void. This policy also applies to Payment Plan participants.
• If we receive your request once the class has begun, there are no refunds and you will be responsible for any remaining class fees that are unpaid.
• All classes require advance enrollment and payment or deposit in order to be guaranteed a spot in the class. You will receive a confirmation email after your online registration has been completed.
• Private Lessons and Semi-Private Lessons follow the same guidelines with the exception of the timing, due to the fact that lessons do not have a set schedule. If you choose to cancel your lessons or lesson package, a 30% Cancellation Fee will still be processed. The remainder of your payment or deposit can be refunded.
Refund requests must be made via email. We do not accept refund requests over the phone (please respect this).
• Send requests via email to email@example.com. We must receive emailed requests AT LEAST one day prior to the start of class.
• Include your full name, phone number, email address, name of your class, and exact amount of payment.
Changes in Policy and Course Schedule:
Story Quest Academy reserves the right to combine, add, delete or change courses. Story Quest Academy also reserves the right to make changes in faculty, school/class calendar and in any general or specific school policy.
Credit Card/Electronic Refunds:
If you originally paid with a credit card or electronic payment, your refund will be issued to the same card used to purchase the class.
Cash refunds are not given. Refunds will be done in the form of a check mailed from our office.
All check purchases will be refunded 14 days after the original check has cleared; check refunds will be done in the form of a check mailed from our office.
Photo and Video Use
Story Quest Academy reserves the right to utilize any photography and videography completed by our instructors for use in our marketing materials or class promotion in print and on the internet without express permission. Photos and videos with children under the age of 18 will use initials only, unless parents sign a waiver or release.
In Case of Inclement Weather
Weather– For any after school programs that happen at the actual school, we will follow the school’s closing procedures due to bad weather or other alerts. So if the school has closed for a snow day, we will not hold class at the school that day.
For any classes held at our studio, we will leave a message on our phone answering machine before class if class is cancelled due to extreme weather. The phone number is 505-881-0975
Returned Check Policy
If we receive a returned check from our bank for a payment you made, you will be invoiced for the original amount of the check, in addition to bank fees and a returned check fee of $30.00. The full payment of the invoiced amount with all fees will be due within 14 days of invoice date. We will not re-submit the original check.